E3 Athlete Spotlight

Continuing with the E3 Athlete Spotlight and featuring our athletes racing at Lake Placid, this time we focus on Ironman virgin Brendan Hall. He is a fellow friend and Boston Triathlon Team member, he completed his 1st Half-Ironman distance last year and now is moving up to race an Ironman.

Since he is relative new in the triathlon scene and new to long distance racing, we balanced his training trying to meet his goals while balancing it with work and other life priorities. Now, after doing the work, putting in the time, sifting through challenges and competing the training, is time to perform!

Name: Brendan Hall

Age: 33

Gender: not as “perfect” male as Ed.

Profession: Director of Business Development for Boston Litigation Solutions

Years racing: 3

Experience racing: I started with sprints in 2009, I have completed a few half- Ironman distances and am racing my first Ironman at Lake Placid this season.

Why you started racing tris?  I needed motivation to stay in shape and the thought of doing a triathlon unprepared terrified me, so I signed up for one and got to work.

Have you enjoyed the journey?  Every minute and I look forward to many more.

Favorite food: Pizza since 1977

Favorite motivation movie: Hoosiers, Cinderella Man, Victory

Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption

Favorite music: Anything that makes you want to move.  Favorite bands would be Rage Against The Machine and the Chili Peppers

Nickname: B. Hall

Alter Ego (your 2nd personality when you get drunk): Sigourney Weaver from Alien, not Ghostbusters...obviously

Why you chose to race ironman? For me, it's about seeing how hard and far I can push myself.  I also like the look people give you when you tell them that you're going to run a marathon after a 112 mile bike and 2.4 mile swim.

Anything else you want to share?  Training for the IM has been an incredible experience and I'm looking forward to getting out there.  Of course, if things don't go well, I will ask Jorge for my money back.

No comments: